"1. You’re doing 90% of the things you said you’ll never do when you were 16.
2. Helping your mum around the house doesn’t make you her slave. After all, every superhero needs a trusty sidekick.
3. No one drinks alcohol because they like it.
4. Coffee doesn’t keep you awake, the habit of drinking it does.
5. “Growing up” and “taking responsibility” is not the same thing. You can do one without the other.
6. There are days when chocolate is a perfectly acceptable meal.
7. Your mother admits she doesn’t always know what’s best for you.
8. You stop wasting your kisses.
9. Word “cool” takes on a completely different meaning than it did in high school.
10. Some people who haven’t touched a book in years start enjoying reading as much as they did when they were 8.
11. You never tell your younger sibling they’re annoying when they talk about things that interest them. You’ve learned that’s one of the worst feelings in the world.
12. You find yourself teaching your parents about life, not the other way around.
13. College is not all that different from high school.
14. There are still cliques and means girls and popular kids and those less popular.
15. But you are different. You don’t want to just fit in anymore, you want to belong. You don’t want to stretch yourself to fit into someone else’s skin.
16. Friends you find in college are most likely for life.
17. You start fighting stereotypes.
18. “I love you” loses its dramatic flair. It becomes something you need to hear as much as something you need to say.
19. You learn that some clichés are real and good - that’s how they became clichés in the first place.
20. Sometimes, 10pm is way too late to go out.
21. Or to do anything but sleep.
22. Your love life is still a soap opera, just with a volume turned down.
23. People start taking you seriously, whereas a year ago you were still just a child to them. Sometimes you feel cheated out of life because of that.
24. There are things you start looking forward to as much as when you were a child.
25. Like Christmas.
26. And Summer.
27. And ice cream.
28. World becomes a never ending hallway of possibilities.
29. Some days you feel too small, or too big, for your own body.
30. You don’t mind being yourself because you finally start discovering yourself. It’s new. It’s exciting. It’s like visiting a city you’ve seen in pictures, but they’ve never quite felt right.
31. Society is messed up.
32. People in magazines don’t even look human.
33. Crowds don’t seem so crowded anymore, because there’s always someone you know, or someone you would like to meet.
34. One month words on paper and scenes on television are so mesmerizing that you don’t leave the house.
35. The other you start forgetting how your room looks like.
36. Beauty is everywhere.
37. Desire to travel rises in you like a hot air balloon.
38. You don’t postpone studying anymore. You want to get it over with. You want to live.
39. You use sarcasm more than in any other period of your life.
40. You get tired of waiting for a cute girl/boy to like you back.
41. You do something about it.
42. There are worst things out there than rejection.
44. Confidence boost.
45. Everyone knows how to dance. Even those who don’t have a clue about it.
46. Growing older doesn’t seem so scary anymore.
47. At 26 you feel the same as you did at 22.
48. You do things you’re going to be too ashamed to tell your children about.
49. Tequila shots.
50. Strip poker.
51. Making out with a complete stranger.
52. Eating a box of ice cream at 3am.
53. Watching a whole season of a television show in one day.
54. Having a Marvel marathon.
55. Thinking that a box of pizza and six hours of playing a video game is a perfect date.
56. Take a risk.
57. Visit a theater every once in a while.
58. Or a museum.
59. Go vine tasting.
60. Or poetry reading.
61. Join a club. You never know what, or who, you’re going to find there.
62. Go to a protest.
63. Join a cause.
64. You experience heartbreak on a completely other level.
65. Happiness takes on a new form.
66. Sometimes it’s everywhere.
67. Other times it’s nowhere to be found.
68. You don’t want this period of your life to ever end.
69. You have a feeling it won’t." - things that happen to you in your twenties (via buffysummerslay) 5620 notes / 2 months ago /reblog